Temps were in the 60s all week here in OKC. Is it warming up where you are yet? I am sure we will go back to cold weather for a while before true spring hits…but I can still dream of spring!
I gotta say, this is definitely one of my favorite albums. I’m a huge Lee Ann Womack fan and saw her at an acoustic show at Gruene Hall a few years back and she did not disappoint. I know she got a lot of flack for this album in particular because it was more “pop” that we normally hear from her but it’s definitely got some great great songs on it. Check out “You Should’ve Lied”, “Closing This Memory Down” and “Blame It On Me” besides the title track itself.
Something Worth Leaving Behind, Lee Ann Womack
In Style Magazine gave some great suggestions this month for what shoes to pair with what jeans for warm weather looks…
Cropped or skinny boyfriend jeans like these Levi’s 513s pair well with wedge sandals.
A more classic boyfriend jean, like these Levi’s , pair great with ballet flats or lace up sandals.
Skinny jeans work with tons of shoes, but for Spring and Summer they suggest you pair jeans like these Levi’s 524s with a loose flowy top and some strappy flats.
See that man right there? That is Simon, shown with his adorable son.
Hey Simon….Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!
We have teamed up with Simon’s fiance, the lovely Leah from A Girl and A Boy, to surprise Simon with a pair of boots! Not just any boots, a pair of black boots to go with his black hat and to be worn on his wedding day Easter weekend. Simon and Leah are planning their wedding with the help of many, many people all wonderfully connected by social media and blogs. With the help of Meg from A Practical Wedding and several others, this wedding is going to be one for the books. Check out the story here and here. We are so happy to be a part of this wedding, and to offer these boots to Simon as a Valentine’s Day/Wedding gift! Now he just needs to pick his pair….
And here is a heads up…in March we will again team up with Leah to give away a pair of boots to one of her readers! I’ll post a link here and on FB and Twitter so you don’t miss it!
Yay! We finally have a week full of appearances of our favorite country artists. I can’t decide what I’m looking forward to the most, The Grammys or Keith Urban’s performance on GMA. I’m a HUGE Keith Urban fan!! What are you most looking forward to this week?
- The Grammys tonight will have several country artists including Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert & Dolly Parton.
- Gretchen Wilson performs on The Talk on Monday, 2/14.
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show has a performance by Lady Antebellum on Monday, 2/14.
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno will have a performance by Gretchen Wilson on Tuesday, 2/15.
- Darius Rucker performs on Good Morning America on Wednesday, 2/16.
- Keith Urban performs on Good Morning America on Thursday, 2/17.
I can’t find the image online to share with you…but if you have this month’s In Style Magazine, Ryan Phillippe is shown in Levi’s on page 210. And he wears them oh so well!
Also in the mag are tips on how to wear different jean styles. I will post a summary tomorrow…
Faith Hill’s Breathe album is hands down one of my favorite albums. I think most would say this album is what definitely put her on the superstar map. Besides “Breathe” go check out “If I Should Fall Behind”, “That’s How Love Moves”, and “There Will Come a Day”. You can’t go wrong with this one!
Breathe, Faith Hill
- Steel Magnolia performs on The Late Show with David Letterman on Monday, 2/7.
- On Tuesday, 2/8 on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Merle Haggard will be performing.
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon will have a Little Big Town performance on Tuesday, 2/8.
- Tim McGraw researches his family tree on Who Do You Think You Are on Friday, 2/11.