Here are just a few tidbits of country news floating around this week:
- Have you heard the rumblings about Lady Antebellum‘s Need You Now being a possible rip off of The Alan Parsons Project’s 80s hit Eye in the Sky? Listen to this mashup of the two songs. I’m kinda thinking it’s not a rip off…what say you?
- Eddie Montgomery of Montgomery Gentry has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will undergo surgery in December. “I will be back in January ready to rock for all the fans,” he said in a written statement. “Please keep my family and me in your prayers.”
- Do you have an extra $45,000 a month lying around and want to have a place to call home in NYC? You can always rent Keith Urban‘s wife’s apartment. Nicole Kidman has decided to put her luxury apartment up for rent and here is what the place looks like. Looks pretty sweet to me!
- Taylor Swift‘s new album Speak Now features a song called Innocent about Kanye West. This is what she had to say about the song and Kanye: “I felt like I knew what was going on on the other side of it,” she says. “It was publicized beyond publicized and just from reading the same headlines and from a few little conversations here and there, I knew what was going on. I just felt like that song was the best that I could do to sum up how I felt about it. I think that a lot of people expected me to write a song about him, and I felt it was more appropriate to write a song to him and for him. That just seemed more of the right thing to do.”
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw‘s new movie Country Strong comes out January 7th. As we saw on the CMAs last week Gwyneth can really sing. This is what she had to say about that, “When I used to go out with Brad Pitt, he’d say ‘You have a good voice for country music,'” Gwyneth Paltrow told People magazine. Tim McGraw also had this to say about his co-star, “She did such an authentic job. Her voice had a real honesty to it, which is tough to fake in country music.”
- After Carrie Underwood got hitched the next question on everyone’s mind is when is she going to have kids…She talked to InStyle magazine about her concerns with having kids recently, “I didn’t grow up around kids, and I hope those motherly instincts are in me,” she says. “I’m sure they are, but I don’t know what to talk about with a 4-year-old!”