Lots of new specials this week! So exciting! Which one are you most looking forward to? I’m definitely in on the CMA Country Christmas and Oprah show!!
- CMA Country Christmas will feature Sheryl Crow, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Rascal Flatts, Reba, Leann Rimes, Darius Rucker, and Sugarland on ABC on Monday, 11/29
- The Oprah Winfrey Show will have Keith Urban and his wife Nicole Kidman on her show Monday, 11/29.
- CBS will have a Grammy Nominations Concert on Wednesday, 12/1 which will feature Miranda Lambert.
- Keith Urban: Halftime in Real Life will go behind the scenes of Keith Urban’s halftime performance in Dallas on GAC, Wednesday, 12/1.
- Darius Rucker performs on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Wednesday, 12/1.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live also has a performance by Darius Rucker on Thursday, 12/2.
- CMT Artists of the Year honors Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood and Zac Brown Band on Friday, 12/3.
How cute is this?
In our house we have a tradition of opening a new pair of PJs on Christmas Eve. I love this bodysuit by Wrangler because my son could sleep in it…but also rock it all day long! Perfect fro Christmas Day and discovering new toys!
And if we do decide to get dressed at some point…how cute are these tees, also by Wrangler?
Anyone who knows me is tired of me saying this the past few days…but you have to make these cranberries this year!!!! I always make fresh…they are so easy, and well worth making fresh over the canned. This year I tried Pioneer Woman’s recipe. Last week I watched her victory on Throwdown with Bobby Flay, plus she is a fellow Okie…so I knew I could trust her recipe. It was perfection! She uses Pom Juice instead of water.
1 package fresh cranberries, 1 cup Pom juice, 1 cup sugar.
Boil gently for 10 minutes, let cool and then chill.
I think all the Food Network personalities took over all the shows this week because of Thanksgiving. Unless you are interested in seeing Taylor Swift on a ton of talk shows or her first primetime special, you are out of luck this week!
- Taylor Swift will be performing on the American Music Awards tonight on ABC.
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno has Taylor Swift on Monday, 11/22.
- Wednesday, 11/24 The Oprah Winfrey has Garth Brooks on!
- Regis and Kelly have Dolly Parton on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday 11/25.
- A Thanksgiving Special will air Thursday, 11/25 showcasing Taylor Swift.
- Taylor Swift will also be on The Late Show with David Letterman on Thursday, 11/25.
Here are just a few tidbits of country news floating around this week:
- Have you heard the rumblings about Lady Antebellum‘s Need You Now being a possible rip off of The Alan Parsons Project’s 80s hit Eye in the Sky? Listen to this mashup of the two songs. I’m kinda thinking it’s not a rip off…what say you?
- Eddie Montgomery of Montgomery Gentry has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will undergo surgery in December. “I will be back in January ready to rock for all the fans,” he said in a written statement. “Please keep my family and me in your prayers.”
- Do you have an extra $45,000 a month lying around and want to have a place to call home in NYC? You can always rent Keith Urban‘s wife’s apartment. Nicole Kidman has decided to put her luxury apartment up for rent and here is what the place looks like. Looks pretty sweet to me!
- Taylor Swift‘s new album Speak Now features a song called Innocent about Kanye West. This is what she had to say about the song and Kanye: “I felt like I knew what was going on on the other side of it,” she says. “It was publicized beyond publicized and just from reading the same headlines and from a few little conversations here and there, I knew what was going on. I just felt like that song was the best that I could do to sum up how I felt about it. I think that a lot of people expected me to write a song about him, and I felt it was more appropriate to write a song to him and for him. That just seemed more of the right thing to do.”
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw‘s new movie Country Strong comes out January 7th. As we saw on the CMAs last week Gwyneth can really sing. This is what she had to say about that, “When I used to go out with Brad Pitt, he’d say ‘You have a good voice for country music,’” Gwyneth Paltrow told People magazine. Tim McGraw also had this to say about his co-star, “She did such an authentic job. Her voice had a real honesty to it, which is tough to fake in country music.”
- After Carrie Underwood got hitched the next question on everyone’s mind is when is she going to have kids…She talked to InStyle magazine about her concerns with having kids recently, “I didn’t grow up around kids, and I hope those motherly instincts are in me,” she says. “I’m sure they are, but I don’t know what to talk about with a 4-year-old!”
A friend asked me this week what boots he should buy. This will be his first pair of cowboys boots. Worn in boots, jeans that fit perfectly and a simple t-shirt….such a classic look. So as far as which boots….since they are his first pair, I think classic is the way to go…
These 13″ Classic Western Bay Apache Boot by Justin is a solid pick. They will go with everything and wear incredibly well.
If he wants to go a step up….
These Men’s Punchy 13″ Tan Distressed Vintage Boots by Justin are BEAUTIFUL. I mean – wow. Love.
So there you go….a wish list ready to send to your mom/sister/wife.