Did y’all catch Martina McBride’s performance on Stand Up to Cancer last week? It was phenomenal! Looks like Lady Antebellum and Kris Kristofferson were added to the lineup last minute. You can catch their performance on You Tube, it’s definitely worth a listen.
Blake Shelton was also all over the late night shows last week, did any of you watch those? What did you think?
Appearances seem to be on the low end this week, probably because all the fall premieres start this week. But here’s what we have:
- GAC takes you behind the scenes of Brad Paisley‘s H2O Tour. Brad also talks about how the flooding in Nashville destroyed most of their equipment right before the tour began. Brad Paisley Under Water airs on Tuesday, 9/21.
- George Strait‘s Pure Country will be on CMT Wednesday, 9/22. You know you love it!
- Stage Left with Keith Urban & Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy World Tour will be on GAC Wednesday, 9/22. Keith Urban talks to Nan Kelley about the world tour as well as all his favorite guitars.
- Toby Keith discusses his career on GAC’s Conversations from the Road: Toby Keith on Thursday, 9/23.
What will you be watching? I think the Brad Paisley interview regarding the flooding would be fascinating.
Usually Blake Shelton is the go to for funny tweets, but this week Brad Paisley gave him a run for his money. Who else do you follow and enjoy?…I mean besides us of course!!! Did you see our tweet about a photo assignment for this weekend? Post a pic on our facebook page of you in your boots on game day and get a 20% off coupon!! Here are the details.
On to the tweets…
@BradPaisley – Being in Portland is a lot like being in a Christmas tree lot
@BradPaisley – Helpful grammatical comma placement tip of the day: There’s a big difference between “No, thank you” and “No thank you”
@BradPaisley – RT @cooperboomer: Also different..”Let’s eat, grandpa” and “Let’s eat grandpa” Commas can save lives.
Jason Aldean has a new album coming out in November which will feature a duet with Kelly Clarkson. I for one can’t wait to hear the duet. I’m a huge fan of Kelly Clarkson. Jason Aldean is a bit on the rock side of country music, so I think the combo will sound awesome.
Look for the album, “My Kinda Party” on November 2. The duet is called “Don’t You Wanna Stay”. iTunes currently has the first single off Aldean’s upcoming album for sale here.
photos courtesy of kellyclarkson.com and jasonaldean.com
This past week Carrie Underwood was named the first celebrity ambassador Oil of Olay has ever had. This of course caught my attention as I’m an avid Carrie Underwood fan and I’ve also started using Oil of Olay myself. When you think about products a celebrity would use, you generally don’t think of moisturizer that you can buy at a grocery store. I usually assume that a celebrity with their eleventy gazillion dollars is spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on moisturizer and such that only a select few can buy because it’s found on some remote fountain of youth island. However, Carrie Underwood uses Oil of Olay you guys! Oil of Olay! And she’s used it for YEARS! She’s going to be a part of the “Challenge What’s Possible” campaign and will be representing a line of skin care products for the brand which will debut later this year.
At the press conference announcing Carrie Underwood’s representation this is what she had to say:
“I am so excited to be associated with a beauty brand that has been trusted by women for more than 50 years. As a little girl I remember my mom always using the original Olay Beauty Fluid and encouraging my sisters and I to take care of our skin. I love that Olay has managed to change with the times, yet stay in touch with women of all ages who want affordable skin care products that do what they promise. My music career has been a dream come true and proven to me that the seemingly impossible can be achieved. Olay’s inspiring campaign echoes my beliefs.”
photo courtesy of carrieunderwood.fm
So last week was a BUST on new music releases in country but this week we are doing a lot better! Here’s what we have coming out this week:
The Guitar Song by Jamey Johnson
Album Number Two by Joey + Rory
Shake What God Gave Ya by James Otto
What’s been your favorite album lately?
Did you guys check out the VMAs last night? I missed most of it, but was glued to my Twitter and checked out a few clips this morning. What did you think of Taylor Swift’s song Innocent? At first when I heard she was going to sing a song that addressed last years issues with Kanye I was kind of bummed. I thought it should just be left alone…but I was wrong. Her song was great and the performance was perfection. What did you think? One thing for sure, she looked amazing!
(Credit: AP Photo/Matt Sayles)
Lots of stuff coming on TV this week so get your TiVo remotes ready y’all! The fall season is gearing up and lots of shows are premiering with some of our favorite country artists. Here’s the lineup:
- Keep an eye out for Taylor Swift on the 2010 MTV Music Awards tonight on MTV. She’s up for Best Female Video. Wish her luck!!
- The Judds will be on The Oprah Winfrey Show Tuesday, 9/14 where they will be interviewed, perform as well as giving the audience a tour of their Tennessee farm.
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno will feature a performance by Trace Adkins on Tuesday, 9/14.
- A tribute to George Jones will be shown on GAC’s Soundstage Wednesday, 9/15 featuring artists Alan Jackson, Randy Travis, Trick Pony, Vince Gill, Wynonna, Amy Grant, Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney, Lorrie Morgan and George Jones himself.
- Trace Adkins will also be performing on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday, 9/15.
- Luke Bryan will be featured in GAC’s Origins on Thursday, 9/16.
- On Friday, 9/17, GAC will be airing Pass the Jar: Zac Brown Band and Friends. Check it out! It’s a concert in Atlanta’s Fox Theater.
- Jamey Johnson discusses his 2010 CD on GAC’s Jamey Johnson: The Guitar Song on Saturday, 9/18.
Not too many RTs this week…but these did make me laugh…
@moinqueswain – Dear God, will I get to meet @LauraBellBundy on Sat.Sept.11? If that happened I’d throw a lasso round a chimp and ride the streets w/joy!!
and as always Blake had one worth sharing…
@blakeshelton – For sale: 1976 bladder, needs some work, tends to leak late at night. Will trade for liver or better hearing…
Are you following us on twitter? If not…following will earn you an extra entry in the BonBon Rise Girl’s Corral Boot giveaway!
In this month’s Lucky Magazine there is an article on Western Accessories. Not only are they a great way to complete a western look, but they are also a fun way to punch up a plain outfit.
Adding boots to any outfit is great, but what else? A western belt can add an unexpected detail…
Nocona Scalloped Crystal Belt
Or a great bag….
Mossy Oak by M&F Western
Or my personal fav…jewelry…
Lucky Brand Bracelet
Added to a western look, or added to any look – these details are the perfect finishing touch.
Have you heard about this new home that Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman purchased in Manhattan? Well its a $10m 3-bedroom penthouse apartment with an “en suite Sky Garage” which means they have an elevator for their car! They better know how to parallel park good because that looks like a tight squeeze!
Check out the pictures here!